Visiting Policy Update 13/04/202113/04/2021
We know this is a worrying time for everyone. The safety and wellbeing of our residents and staff is paramount.
Based on this we are advocating the safest way to visit your relative is through the use of our safe visiting centres.
We are aware of the recent changes to government guidelines to increase the number of people visiting inside care homes from 1 to 2 people.
We have reviewed our individual risk assessments for all our homes to facilitate indoor visits if you choose to use this option. These visits are strictly by appointment only.
Our updated visiting policy allows for the following: -
- Either 1 visit a week if 2 people visit at the same time or 2 visits per week if visited by one person. In addition to the visitors 1 child under the age of 2 years will be allowed at each visit.
- Children aged 3 years to 18 years will be classed as the second named visitor.
- Family must nominate up to 2 adults for a weekly visit or one adult plus a child aged 3 years to 18 years old. There will be no changes allowed to the nominated adult person or child aged over 11 years until government guidelines allow.
- Children visiting aged 3 years to 11 years can be a different child each week.
- Any visitors aged 11 years to 18 years must consent to have a lateral flow test carried out and wear the same protective equipment as an adult. Parental consent for covid testing will be asked.
All indoor visits at any home will cease immediately a positive case of Covid 19 is confirmed.
As with all policies we will monitor the outcomes of these visits alongside any government guidelines and as a result we may have to change or stop these visits.
For all visits, please go to the front door of the home at the time specified when you book your visiting appointment, you will then be directed to the indoor visiting entrance.
There will be some delay and inconvenience to the start of your visit due to the constraints of the testing regime we must adhere to.
For further information on indoor visiting please go to our website where all updates can be found within the news tab at the top of the home page.
Century Healthcare Management Team